Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Blogging?

I never really thought I`d ever start a blog. The whole idea always seemed sort of narcisistic. But it`s been brought to my attention over the past couple of months, mostly through tangents by my friends and boyfriend,  that I tend to not talk about... things. I have the convenient tendency to bottle up. It works, it`s efficient and it saves a lot of time and unnecessary conflict. At least it did for awhile.
So, I`m doing what most 18-25 year olds who have too much time and too much to think about do. I`m going to blog.

Let`s just see what happens.

But before I write anything else, I feel like I should at least gice some kind of information about who I am...or at least who I think I am.

First things first, I`m Christian. I believe that Jesus was God`s son who came and died for the wrongdoings of the world. I believe in a relationship with God, not religious dogma and set social standards. If theres one thing that saddens me the most it`s how tainted the Church`s image is in today`s society, and how God has apparently become irrelevant.

I`m also a university student, with an undeclared major because i`m still trying to figure out which way is up and what the heck it is that I`m supposed to do with my life.

I try my best to love people, which isn`t always easy with a chip on your shoulder.

I`d like to think that I`m complicated and interesting...but I`m probably not.

While this may sound like a tacky facebook picture tagline, I really don`t know what I`d do without my friends. They keep me grounded, build me up, and usually have the guts to tell me what I need to hear, even if it hurts.

I`m lucky enough to have a boyfriend who has a killer sense of humor, the confidence to pull it off, and who is somehow a nice enough guy to put up with my irrationality and still hold my hand in public.

  I`m a wretch who has been saved, despite the fact that I royally screw up on the regular.

R. A. Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment